19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey everything that I’ve commanded you. Look, I myself will be with you every day until the end of this present age.” Matthew 28:19-20 CEB
ZIM VIM stands for “Zimbabwe Volunteers in Mission.” Community UMC has had an on going 20 year relationship with the country of Zimbabwe and in the last few years, we have focused our efforts on a village called Hanwa. We have assisted in building schools, providing electricity and clean water, and improving health clinics. Most importantly, we have established lasting relationships with the Zimbabweans by visiting their village approximately every other year. If you have an interest in this wonderful ministry please contact our team leader, Charlie Moore.
Hanwa Mission Update
January 8, 2021
To Our ZIM VIM Friends and Family:
We are touching base now as we enter the New Year to express our deep appreciation for your support for our ZIM VIM initiatives over this past year. While COVID 19 forced the cancellation of our trip to Zimbabwe this past July, our work continued. Highlights off our major accomplishments over this past year include:
- Completion of a third high school classroom building that will house a science lab and library.
- Completion of a new parsonage for Pastor Future Sibanda
- Installation of 4 solar power units in Hanwa at the science lab/library, computer lab, community well and the parsonage/office/guest house complex
- Installation of a solar power pump for the well at The Dindi Clinic
- Restoration of a 2nd well for the Hanwa Mission.
- Provision of Covid-19 relief food supplies supporting hundreds of families at the Hanwa Mission and Dindi Clinic
- The Hanwa Mission School is now officially certified as a testing site.
- Continued financial support for a high school student at the Murewa Mission
Your incredible financial support of $116,533 enabled us to achieve these major milestones. We have attached some pictures along with a financial report that details our sources and uses of funding. The impact you have made on this tiny remote village in Zimbabwe cannot be measured in dollars. It is measured by the deep appreciation of the hundreds of students and teachers who are the beneficiaries of your generosity.
The ZIM VIM 2020 Team (District Superintendent Henry Chareka, Pastor Future Sibanda, Lincoln Nyamusara, Aiden and Dan Payne, Al Leslie, Barb Julian, Barry Elm, Esther Andrews, Greg Kernan, Jennie Higgs, Jim Gourley, Katie and Mikki Loiselle, Larry Rogers, Mark Chapin, Michelle Cardwell, Mike Brewer, Nancy Kripner, Sue McCann, and Charlie Moore)