Community UMC is collecting empty, label-free pill bottles. The bottles will be sent to Matthew 25 Ministries, who include the bottles in shipments of medical supplies to countries around the world. Pharmacies and hospitals in underserved countries often have nothing except torn pieces of paper in which to wrap medicine for their patients. Donations of containers will keep medicines clean, out of the reach of small children, and safe while they are being used.
Please place donations in the bin in the narthex.
Acceptable collection items include:
- Prescription and over-the-counter pill bottles
- Large and small pill bottles
- Pill bottles with and without child resistant caps
Pill bottle donations should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bottles included in shipments of medical supplies must have an all plastic lid.
- All labels should be removed, leaving no glue or residue.
- All bottles and lids should be washed in very hot water and dish soap, rinsed, and dried thoroughly.
- Caps should be placed back onto clean, dried bottles.
- Clean, recapped bottles should be placed into large resealable bags marked “Clean Bottles.”